BETHANIA REHABILITATION CENTRE FOR THE DISABLED
Bethania Rehabilitation Centre for the Disabled Women is a charitable organization Registered under Travancore Cochin Literacy Scientific and Charitable Societies Act (1955) & Persons with Disabilities (Equal Opportunities, Protection of Rights and Full participation) Act (1995). This Centre provides job oriented training to the Disabled Women mainly to equip them to earn their livelihood and make their lives meaningful.
The admission in Bethania is open to those girls and women who are physically challenged, mentally retarded and deaf and mute in the age group of 15-35 regardless of caste, creed and religion. There are 60 students admitted in this institution. We provide vocational and personal training, free food and boarding facility to the inmates.
We have 6 teaching and 4 non teaching staff rendering their valuable services and time for the upliftment of the girls here. All of them were dedicated for the welfare of the inmates. The teachers refreshed and updated their knowledge by attending various workshops, seminars, conferences and other programmes.
The activities undertaken for the physical progress of the Institution during the year can be summarized as:
* Vocational Training given in different Trades and Crafts,
* Personality Development Programme,
* Rehabilitation Services,
* Personal Management,
* Home Management,
* Awareness Programme on various subjects pertaining to students life situation,
* Empowerment of the students in different areas of their life and skills
* Building up of social links between different institutions and people
* Outreach Programme
* Social and Medical Camps
* Counseling Facilities for the Students
* Refreshment Courses and Studies for the Staff
* Silver Jubilee Celebration
* A Jubilee Project for the Inmates
* Social and Cultural Activities
* Extra Curricular Activities
* Receiving Guests
* Outing of the Students
* Finance Management